- Sit on the floor with the stretching leg extended in front of you, keeping your toes pointed away from your face
- Bend the opposite leg and place the sole of the foot near your inner thigh
- Keeping your back straight, hinge forward at the hips to bring your chest towards your knee
- Hold 30 sec, then repeat on the opposite side
- Begin lying on your front.
- Slowly move up onto your elbows provided there is no increase in symptoms.
- Hold this position for 2 seconds and then return to lying flat.
- Repeat 10 times provided the exercise is pain free.